Wednesday 16 January 2013

New Tote Bag

I have been keeping warm and staying in at home, sewing. The smaller roads are icy and the temperature went down to -13c overnight!! Coldest it's been for ages. We've had several more snowstorms today coming off the North Sea, but they were interspersed with blue skies and bright sunshine.
Back of tote bag.

Front of Tote bag
Today I completed my tote bag.It is stitch and flip patchwork over wadding on a cotton duck base. Close stitching to quilt it makes it stand up nicely.

I've added a zip pocket, patch pocket for my phone, and a magnetic fastener.
Inside showing the two pockets and fastener.










As I couldn't go out to quilt group at Winterton, on the coast, I spent a while working out how to use the Marti Michell templates to cut some more quilt blocks.

Here is a Shooting Star block for Michelle which I pieced over papers yesterday,



I made Big Dipper for me too as I found a bag with quarter-squares already to go that were the correct size!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather