Monday, 21 July 2014

Work in Progress

The severe electrical storms seemed to interfere with the laptop and I haven't been able to post for several days. Herewith some pictures of stuff I am working on.

 I have set my little experimental squares into wide sashings of very pale blue hand woven linen that we found in the drapers in Bungay, lovely stuff but you have to wash it first as it shrinks.

I was trying out the technique of using very narrow strips of fabric, using plains and Oakshott cottons from my stash. I have another set of these, bigger blocks using a deep mustard yellow and black with Japanese fabric, which are waiting their turn at the finishing...

And below is my second attempt at image transfer using paper lamination. This is for the Stretching Art challenge based on Illuminated Manuscripts, but I've rather turned the idea on its head as in my piece the meaning is obscured, partly by the technique where the paper is mostly washed away (picture of that to follow) and also because I have used texts which mainly I cannot read as they are in a variety of languages.

There are texts in French, German, Spanish, Chinese and even the English is taken from the financial information at the back of the newspaper on stock prices, which is all gobble-de-gook to me!

I've also been working on some more Modern Blocks using Log Cabin as this is the subject of the next two classes I'm doing with my rolling program for beginners. I have traditional samples so its nice to make one that is freer and plays with the idea.

 First two completed blocks: but as you can see from the picture below it does make an awful mess... had to get out the hoover before the day got started!

And finally:
No Room At The Bin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather