Sunday 12 October 2014

Lingwood Quilters Exhibition

Lingwood Quilters exhibition yesterday, near Norwich was a delight. It is a small group who welcomed me when I first moved to Norfolk ten years ago, but I didn't join as they mostly were hand stitching.
Here are some pictures of their work:

This lovely quilt was completed by the group for the maker's daughter after she passed away.
I do like the fish pond


This is a watercolour design in Liberty prints showing the neat hand quilting that you see in almost all the Lingwood group's quilt.
 This was made from family linens, the tablecloths and traycloths we hav all collected. What a good idea to make something useable rather than leave then languishing in drawers.






Bright circles.



Then two similar quilts hand pieced from tiny scraps and hand quilted.




 Dresden Plates with tiny hand quilting in the background and Ohio Stars with an interesting interlocking design hand stitched all over.

I am off on quilt retreat so may soon have more of my own work to show!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather