Wednesday 24 July 2013

Journals update


May Meadow

 I'm back now from my travels and will try and post pictures of some of my students work.

I've managed to complete May and June's Journal Quilts; these are the two I developed from my dyeing and printing sessions.
June Daisies





The May quilt is straight line quilted like the earlier ones for this year but I attempted to outline quilt the printed flowers for June's quilt and rather like the effect, although it took much longer.
Just have to work on the next two now..

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely.

    I'm in a bit of a panic as I have to do all 4 within the next month, but working to a deadline has helped me manage my time and has created some artistic discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous. You make some beautiful things! I love the combination of printing and fabric. What ink/paints do you use to be archival and safe?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Heather