Saturday 3 August 2013

Fabric printing

Yesterday was my wedding anniversary - I thought we might go out for lunch or take the boat out and have a picnic. We had to wait in for a parcel - new shooting boots! Then he went off to do his shooting training. I got out my paints and started fabric printing, aiming to make some more journal quilts on the meadow theme.. good job I'm a self-sufficient woman!
Here is the first, which may be July's journal, but maybe the background silk is a little too dark in colour. I have made several pieces which are available should I decide this doesn't fit.
Wayside flowers - convolvulus and dandelions
 I outlined the printed convolvulus (another print block made with funky foam and double-sided tape) with a Tsukineko fabric pen I bought in Houston several years ago.. amazed that they hadn't dried up! The dandelions are the print block I used to print daisies with before.

1 comment:

  1. Very effective. What paint/ink did you use for the block printing?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Heather