Thursday 22 August 2013

More Christmas Dangles

Today's offering for the Textile Fair Charity stall at Wolterton Hall, September 14th and 15th. It's an interesting fair with costumed characters roaming the halls and lots of textile stalls, many selling antique items. There is an Organics Garden Day on Sunday. It is an interesting building build in the 1720's by Thomas Ripley for Horatio Walpole, a diplomat and younger brother of the first Prime Minister. The grounds are interesting too, and there is a lovely view down to the lake.
I shall be there demonstrating my craft and hoping to add a few new members to the Quilters Guild.
These little decorations are made from hot-washed blanket and snowflake buttons. I had hoped to take these on holiday to sew but never got around to it. A whole morning hand stitching! They probably need sequins and beads but I'm not much of a fan of the shiny stuff.. and I think they'll go quite well with my little folk art offerings from yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather