Tuesday 20 August 2013

July and August Journals

I've had some nice comments from a girl in Australia, asking about my fabric paints. Since Blogger doesn't seem to want me to reply on site here's a copy of what I wrote.
I am using fabric acrylic paints, and the white was a matchpot from the hardware store, wall paint!
 
I am not trying to make things for sale, and anyway the journal quilts are experimental pieces, so I am not concerned about archival quality.
 
Off now to photograph the next two journals -also fabric printed on hand dye -as they have to uploaded to the Contemporary quilt site before the end of the month.
 
I've been making little Christmas mini quilts for a local Charity stall today and may get a picture of them up 
 
 July's Quilt has Daisies Marigolds and Convolvulous flowers, but the background is darker as things are much drier.
July Journal Quilt
 
 August has less flowers, and again the background is darker as there has been so little rain.

These have been printed with more home-made funky foam print blocks. I remember using pizza trays for this when I was teaching 6 year olds!
 
 
August Journal Quilt
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for answering my questions. Your work is so fresh and unique, I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Heather