Saturday 4 January 2014

Playing with Strips

Today I quilted my third Journal quilt and then gave myself permission to play with strips:
Chevron strips


 I had some jelly roll strips but not enough so I cut some more from stash. I organised them into colours that blended and stitched them together in pairs. They were chopped into squares and laid out on point. Some strips were a bit short and I ended up remaking 5 blocks. I quite like the chevron effect but I'll have to look for a larger piece of fabric for setting triangles.
Winter sun
I'm not sure how big this will end up, but will probably make a single bed size Linus quilt unless one of the grandchildren likes it.
I've been revisiting what to do with strips and squares as I have been asked to teach my beginners course again.


The low Winter sun came out from behind the clouds and lit up the world! The iPad takes a reasonable photo when required..
The was an incredible rainbow after this with a very high arc and I found I was driving towards it - magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather