Saturday 6 September 2014

New fabric

I came home after my week of grandmothering and quilt retreat to find a lovely parcel from Hancocks.. all excellent quality fabrics in soft modern colours and only $3.99 a yard!
I really ike the feature fabric with the birds printed on it and the soft grey print is just beautiful: coincidentally I saw an interesting hexagon quilt in these fabrics this afternoon on Pinterest.





And here is what I was working on at Quilt retreat:
another version of my Serpentine Curves quilt in Oakshott Autumn Colour Pack.
I'm calling this one A Walk in the Woods.
Gorgeous rich shott cottons with just a few dappled batiks to give a sense of shade.
This has joined the queue for quilting at Mandy Parks' The Quilts Whiskers. Which is a shame as I hoped to have it as another sample for the class I'm teaching at Fleggburgh on Saturday... Oh well a photo will have to suffice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather