Sunday 22 January 2017

Contemporary Group

I decided at the last minute that I would respond to the pleas to make an A3 piece for the latest suitcase challenge. This is what I wrote to go with it:
Contemporary Group Suitcase Collection 2017
My Favourite Artist
I had a problem with this as my favourite artists are textile people: Yoshiko Jinzensi, Gwen Marston, Kathleen Loomis, Cindy Grisdela, and Erin Wilson. I spent an instructive half an hour online researching artists who use stripes and came up with 8 names whose work I found interesting: Annie Albers, Karl Benjamin, Paul Klee, Bridget Riley, Mark Rothko, Sean Scully, Frank Stella, Victor Vasareli.
Having looked at their work I thought I would put together some stripes where the Juxtaposition of colours interested me, so not really influenced by only one artist I’m afraid!
and here is the piece I have sent off:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Heather